I am a UK journalist based in California specialising in clean energy policy and finance for a global audience. As the ink dries on the most recent solar power contract or energy industry regulations, I'll have it covered.
I have been quick to see emerging trends in clean energy since I began reporting from San Francisco at the end of 2010. I have enjoyed privileged access to key industry and political figures and events that sometimes eludes other reporters.
Quality reporting and in-depth research are priorities and every story I write is an exclusive, examples include:
- The Obama administration's fuel economy standards, Chevron's $18bn fines over Ecuador pollution, Apple's 'dirty' record, uranium mining threat near the Grand Canyon, pollution in water supply in 'Erin Brockovich' town and California's cap and trade scheme for the Guardian (see link on right)
- All the major clean energy conferences in the San Francisco Bay Area for AOL Energy, including exclusive interviews with Google's green energy chief, NRG's David Crane and Dan Adler of the California Clean Energy Fund (see link on right)
- California's energy policies, utility regulations, carbon markets and cap and trade scheme for Environmental Finance and Carbon Finance
- US policies on renewable energy for the Ecologist and Renewable Energy Focus, among others
- Policy and rulemaking, including the adoption of the cap and trade scheme by the California Air Resources Board
- Interviews with Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and venture capitalists for Australian Financial Review BOSS magazine
- Profiles of leading clean tech venture funds and private equity investors for Creating Climate Wealth, published by the Carbon War Room
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's final climate conference as governor of California
I worked for nine years at the Guardian, most recently on the environment desk. You can see some of my recent stories via the links on the right hand side, including exclusives on the VAT fraud scandal in the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme.
I have also previously worked for the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia and Interfax, a Russian newswire service in Moscow, where I was attached to the business desk covering the banking, energy and aviation industries.
Last year I had the opportunity of assisting United Cities and Local Government, a subnational advocacy group based in Barcelona, with the development of a policy document on strategic urban planning.
I also contributed to the commercial section of the Guardian's Living Our Values annual sustainability report.
I am available for commissions and look forward to hearing from you:
Cell: +1 415 623 4777